Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded in my midsized sedan for an 02 insight a few days ago. One thing that seems to be missing is the ability to add a roof rack, for things like skis or a bike. I have the complete assembly from Yakima that I used on my prior car. Unfortunately, they don't make the connecting clips for the Insight. Has anyone figured out a way to get a roof rack on the car?

Seth

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seth...

Remember that.... the owners manual indicates that a rack will void the Insight's warranty..... that said.... I use a Saris #901 Load Bar on my Insight to haul my White water kayak and bike. It works great!! I remove it when it's not in use and I try not to overload it. good luck!

~Dan
link: http://www.graberproducts.com

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi Resist-

Why buy a bigger hybrid if you could fit all your stuff in/on an Insight? Especially if you only needed the extra capacity occasionally.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
HI, ( THIS IS SLIGHTLY OT)

My wife and I sold our hybrid bicycles (hybrid meaning city and trail) and bought folding bicycles. It makes for a greater workout as they are 6 speed and smaller wheels. We never go into rugh terrain.

I'll try to post a picture. Two bikes and two bags fit nicely.

G

·
0 Posts
My 18" Trek 6000 (which I refer to as my ZEV ;^) fits in the hatch with the front wheel off. Though it doesn't go in quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts