Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Carlifornia Air Resources Board (CARB) website says the 2005 Honda Insight doesn't qualify for HOV lanes in California since the vehicle is not ATPZEV.

2005 INSIGHT HYBRID - not qualified due to lack of compliance with ATPZEV emission standard.

I'm curious if (a) anyone has been able to slip an application past and gotten their stickers, (b) how this is affecting sales of the Insight in California (numbers?) and (c) whether the low volume sales of the Honda Accord Hybrid (HAH) will lead Honda to revamp the Insight for ATPZEV compliance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I have had my HOV sticker for a few months now. I LOVE IT! All you have to do is go to the DMV (or go to the DMV website and download the form) fill out the form and send it in with 8 bucks. I forgot the name of the form but I think if you search for ULEV or HOV vehicle permits it should come up.
Good Luck
-Bob

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bobsponsler said:
All you have to do is go to the DMV (or go to the DMV website and download the form) fill out the form and send it in with 8 bucks.
Yes, I have the permit and stickers as well for my 2001 Insight.

My question was specifically for 2005 Insight owners since the 2005 model is not listed on the CARB website and the requirement for 2005+ vehicles is ATPZEV emissions...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I saw on the forum awhile back someone had gotten the stickers for a 2005 (or 2006, I don't remember) just by sending away for them as normal... And I saw on the roads a Honda Accord Hybrid with the stickers, so it looks like if it's got "Honda" and "hybrid" in the name it's good to go.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes

I got the stickers for my 2005 CVT, just fill out the form on the DMV web page and mail in the $8. I think they either changed the rules, re-tested the 2005, or have sloppy oversight at the DMV. In any case, I'm toll-free (saves me about $100/month).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts