Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: I never see Insights in the midwest :( . Accords, Civics, etc, but I have only seen 2 other Insights since 2000 (except for mine, which I have the pleasure of seeing on a daily basis :D . I know they are a "rare" car anywhere in the country, but in Indiana they are virtually nonexistent. I've heard they are all over the place in LA and San Diego, but I just wondered if anyone had accurate info of registered Insights by state. Just curious.

Rob

·
Registered
295 Posts
florida_gators said:
:?: I never see Insights in the midwest :( . Accords, Civics, etc, but I have only seen 2 other Insights since 2000 (except for mine.....
Don't worry, I have seen no other Insights here either. I am the only one in this country, on a population of 16 million people and 10 million cars. 8)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I usually see one or two a week. The last time I was in the San Diego area I would see at least one a day. They are deffinitely more prevelent in richer areas. If I go to the other side of town (Scottsdale, which is the richer area) I can see two or three durring rush hour.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can go a month without seeing another Insight up here in Minneapolis. Priuses are far more common; I see one of those in almost every parking lot I happen to be in.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think I've seen five...

that are definately not "the same vehicle" ie. not seeing another one twice. I'm sure there's a lot more than that in Washington, however--compared to most of you, I don't drive a lot and my route rarely varies.

My guess is WA may have up to three dozen, or more.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not counting the blue demon, know of at least two owners that I haven't seen here. Not to mention xcel. A holy crapload of Prii though

·
Registered
162 Posts
I haven't seen any Insights in my area in a long long time. The ones I have seen though are 1 Red, 2 Silver, and 1 Green and that is it. I see more Priuses around then anything else.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
I see quite a few around here (Bay Area CA).

I often drive down to San Luis Obispo, where I have on many an occasion seen at least one while on 101 going up or down. I even saw 3 in one trip once on the way down South on 101. I always seeem to see them going South. Hmmmm... is there a migration pattern at work?

I've seen one in the Palo Alto Fry's parking lot. I've seen a silver one with flames parked on Broad street in SLO. A red one over in Oakland (I am rarely over there). A bunch just up and down the peninsula. A silver one in San Carlos.

There are 10 Toyotas for each Insight I see at least. However, that is not counting the HCHs which are stealth since they look just like Civics.

I definitely do not feel totally alone, and my service shop claims to see them often enough to actually know what they are doing!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here in northern Alabama (really no major metropolis for 1.5 hours) I've seen a red and a silver. My husband says he has seen a blue and another citrus (gasp! two of us in the same town?!!) Last week the silver and I finally met on the road and we gave one another the thumbs up when our routes diverged.

There are probably two or three times as many Prius. On a 175 mile roadtrip last weekend, waaay out in rural country, a Prius and I pulled up at the same state highway intersection. :shock: :D

It's surprised me, but in a good way...I think it means the hybrid is here to stay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Include me here as a new Indiana Insight owner!

Purchased a 2001 CVT about ten days ago, or so.

FWIW,

Semmes

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am the only one in Firebaugh California. Until recently, I was the only hybrid here, but an older Prius was purchased recently.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts