Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone happen to have owned or know of who owned 2000 Vin number 4789? If by chance anyone does I'm just curious to hear it's story.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Rick:

___In what condition is it currently? This isn’t the Insight being parted out piece by piece on Ebay is it?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:2gdbjln6][email protected][/email:2gdbjln6]

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it was one that I was maybe buying at an auction earlier today. Minus a decent scrape on the passenger side fender skirt the body and all was in really good condition. It was the inside that made me wounder. It had some minor general wear and tear, nothing too bad. Except the passenger side air vent was broken. I could tell there was a big stereo in the car at one point too. The rear speaker holes were cut but empty and in the rear well it was completely empty. No spare tire, jack, storage box liner, nothing.

The car only had 19,000 miles on it too and with some clean up would have been a good car. One thing that scared me away was the fact that there was a piece of electrical tape over the check engine light so it may have been one of the problem cars. There was no punch in the VIN on the firewall though so I'm assuming the ECU update was not preformed so it may have been fixable. The major thing that lowered my "I'd go for" price was the fact that it was listed as having air, but when I poped the hood I sat there and stared for a minute going whats missing? No AC. I'd never seen an Insight without AC.

Maybe not so wierd except the car was here in Arizona. It was also in the lease return/repo lane so I'm woundering if it was repo'd because they knew they were comming to get it beings the person got their stereo out of the car before they came and got it.

Funny thing now. I briefly owned 2000 number 4786. Wouldn't have that been wierd if I had gotten two of em 3 serial numbers apart.

Ohh, guy paid wholesale book. I guarantee he was under the assumption the car had air. So it would not suprise me if it came back up next week. All well, it was only a few hours of my day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts