Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just sitting here on the group W bench thinking that Honda isn't leveraging their frequent holding of the most fuel efficient production vehicle very well. What if they were to sponser a Tour de North America. They could organize a road rally that would cross North America (NE - SW or SE to NW) covering perhaps 500 miles a day. It could promote fuel economy with 1st place going to the vehicle with the best fuel economy. (They are guaranteed a Honda Insight will win or perhaps it would be an production EV but it would probably need a trailer charging rig). Anyway they could let people participate for the whole event or just the leg near their home. It could be a daily Insight gathering. Can you imagine 20 or more Insights packed together driving each day. Why friends this could become a movement and perhaps help raise fuel economy awareness. They could get Lance Armstrong as a marketing spokesman to promote the second most fuel efficient form of transportation. Well anyone know someone in Honda that would be interested in organizing such an event. I would love to participate, it would be like a week long series of Insight gatherings. Have fun, Rick

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I don't know anyone, but my dealer gave me a phone # for American Honda media relations in Gardena, CA. (800) 661-3279. Sounds like a great idea, Rick. Billy.....

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Billy,
Thanks for the number I will give them a call next week. Can't hurt to ask.

Benjamin,

I didn't know Honda sponsored the UK record. Wonder why they would sponser and then only import a few cars into the country. I think I could beat the UK record considering its in imperial mpg but I am sure the coastal roads are not as mpg friendly as our interstates. It seams to me I also recall records set in Australia and Thailand as well. It just seams that they should be targeting North America since that is where they export most of the Insights.

Have fun, Rick

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Rick Reece said:
Wonder why they would sponser and then only import a few cars into the country.
My reaction exactly. In fact, InsightCentral.net frequently receives emails from UK owners telling us how difficult it is to get an Insight. Most UK dealers don't even seem to be aware the car exists.

Very strange marketing, and one would think Honda would make a much bigger fuss over the Insight in the US, especially with the successful Prius and Hybrid Synergy Drive campaigns put forward by Toyota.

Good luck and keep us all posted!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts