Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what our cars look like without paint. I know its mostly plastic and aluminum. I'll be doing it some day, because I think it's cool to accentuate the materials used.

·
Super Moderator
4,728 Posts
I think the plastic parts would make it look pretty bad. You'd have to wrap it to make it all look shiny. It's been done. Look for pictures in one of the InsightFest events, probably the one in Indianapolis.

Sam

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I'm curious what our cars look like without paint. I know its mostly plastic and aluminum. I'll be doing it some day, because I think it's cool to accentuate the materials used.
I was just thinking about that yesterday, about buying another Insight so I could do that (and other things) to it. I haven't seen one, though I've seen images of just the aluminum monocoque... You'd basically have black plastic where the plastic pieces are and aluminum everywhere else. Will look incongruous in some places, such as around the aluminum door, where you've got the plastic moulding above it, the plastic below it, and then around the spats. Otherwise, it'd probably look interesting, with black plastic and aluminum throughout...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts