Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2004 Blue 5 M/T
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got this whole box full of 120w flood light bulbs that I have no use for, I figured before throwing them in the trash I’d see if anyone needed them for doing IMA discharges.
Food Ingredient Cuisine Giri choco Material property

· Registered
9 Posts
Maybe you get a local to take one... They aren't worth the price of shipping. Even though you have close to $50 retail. I appreciate that you would rather they were put to use than put in the trash. You might try a CL post. I do apartment community maintenance and could use these up at my property (even though I buy LED bulbs for these fixtures).

· Registered
2004 Blue 5 M/T
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe you get a local to take one... They aren't worth the price of shipping. Even though you have close to $50 retail. I appreciate that you would rather they were put to use than put in the trash. You might try a CL post. I do apartment community maintenance and could use these up at my property (even though I buy LED bulbs for these fixtures).
I know they’re not worth the trouble, but I’ve heard some people have trouble even finding high wattage bulbs anymore, so I thought I’d ask. Nobody uses this style of bulb anymore around here, hence why I have them…

Edit: I even took them to two thrift shops in the area and even they don’t take incandescent bulbs at all anymore.

· Registered
2000 Honda Insight
628 Posts
I've used a similar bulb to keep my legs warm under a desk!

· Registered
2,335 Posts
Let me fix this.

Free Passive Directional 2-wire LERs (with connectors)
(Light Emitting Resistors)

These devices are no longer manufactured and exceedingly difficult to come by. Manufactured by Philips, they are especially useful for load dissipation applications, needing no current limiting circuitry when used at or below line level voltages. Heatsinking is not required as these devices transform thermal energy into radio-frequency energy at optical wavelengths.

Housed in a transparent amorphous chassis, they are manufactured with a reflective internal coating so that dissipated energy can be directed away from the load harmlessly. When operated near line voltages, an easily observed indicator of operation is provided that is proportional to the energy dissipated (see AN-348).

Each comes with a male 2-pole chassis-mount connector (female connectors not included). As they are designed for operation at the lesser regulated frequencies from DC to <100 Hz and above 300 GHz, FCC type acceptance is not required. This eliminates the need to apply for an FCC experimental license during development, and avoids the expense and delays of certification testing when you design a commercial product that employs LERs.

Application Notes:
AN-348 - a remote LER power dissipation sensor using an Arduino and photocell
AN-1823 - nearly continuously variable AC waveform LER load controller using a TRIAC
AN-3788 - consumer LER applications: from setting a romantic mood to preparing for sleep, LER color temperature and flicker-free response offer a welcome alternative to LEDs

PS

Save them for the next mid-Atlantic meet - I will take them if you still have them, if you don't give them away or we don't come up with an excuse to meet before then.

· Registered
2004 Blue 5 M/T
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me fix this.

Free Passive Directional 2-wire LERs (with connectors)
(Light Emitting Resistors)

These devices are no longer manufactured and exceedingly difficult to come by. Manufactured by Philips, they are especially useful for load dissipation applications, needing no current limiting circuitry when used at or below line level voltages. Heatsinking is not required as these devices transform thermal energy into radio-frequency energy at optical wavelengths.

Housed in a transparent amorphous chassis, they are manufactured with a reflective internal coating so that dissipated energy can be directed away from the load harmlessly. When operated near line voltages, an easily observed indicator of operation is provided that is proportional to the energy dissipated (see AN-348).

Each comes with a male 2-pole chassis-mount connector (female connectors not included). As they are designed for operation at the lesser regulated frequencies from DC to <100 Hz and above 300 GHz, FCC type acceptance is not required. This eliminates the need to apply for an FCC experimental license during development, and avoids the expense and delays of certification testing when you design a commercial product that employs LERs.

Application Notes:
AN-348 - a remote LER power dissipation sensor using an Arduino and photocell
AN-1823 - nearly continuously variable AC waveform LER load controller using a TRIAC
AN-3788 - consumer LER applications: from setting a romantic mood to preparing for sleep, LER color temperature and flicker-free response offer a welcome alternative to LEDs

PS

Save them for the next mid-Atlantic meet - I will take them if you still have them, if you don't give them away or we don't come up with an excuse to meet before then.
You still want that gen 2/CRZ IMA pack? ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts