Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone (Other than Mike obviously) really torn into the IMA system?

Using Mikes documentation\help as a guide, I have built my own IMA system, and I have some observations \ Questions

1: When using IMA, does your "commanded" level show on the charge\assist guage?

Mine does, I thought this would not be the case from what I had read. My actual demand level is displayed accurately on the assist guage.

I am not sure about regen, I've got a little glitch thats keeping regen from working right, but the moments I am in regen (however briefly before the IMA light trips) it does show.

2:Has anyone tried to use the IMA signals to initiate AutoStop?

This morning I successfuly dropped the car into autostop using the IMA signals. Im not sure yet, but this may have been more of a forced stall, lol.

I can also crank the engine on demand with the IMA, by mimicking the signals the ECM sends to start or come out of AutoStop. As of right now, the engine does not always restart, I assume the ECM doesnt turn on the injectors, it will crank pause, then stall.

I understand the ECM is what actually controls AutoStop, I was hoping to find a way to trick the ECM.

3: I cannot seem to decipher the output of the Current Sensor. I havent put a whole lot of time into it yet though. I can see when im drawing power, the voltage rises, when I regen, the voltage takes on a sinewave like pulse at a lower voltage. Whats especially troublesome, the actual voltage change seems to be very small. I could be completely wrong here though. I thought Id see if anyone had worked with this.

Thanks for any input anyone can provide. I'll try to post as much information as I can glean from the system, in case it might help someone.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
The first ultra simple, dirt cheap, linear MIMA system was built and installed by Yves. Mike did the bulk of the work developing a sophisticated product from those humble beginnings. My read of what you describe sounds really familiar and I believe it has all been covered by historic posts related to Mima and FAS. You sound quite knowledgeable and I would encourage you to experiment with your Insight, provided you understand the risks, and have no interest in Honda's generous extended warranty coverage. In the mean time, (to apply the rules consistently, even without the "M"), if it walks like MIMA and talks like MIMA we're not discussing it on the IC forum.

You are welcome to correspond with Mike or other members directly.

Locking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.