Honda Insight Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
how much do you want for it
Last harness just sold yesterday. Unfortunately the new website won't let me go back and edit my post to reflect that.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hello fellow Insighters! I have bypassed my IMA using Mudder's Arduino Uno code and absolutely love it! (2000-2006 only) My background is working in aviation as a Sr. Avionics Technician and I'm also a Journeyman Electrician so these type of mods are easy for me to do. However, not everyone has access to the tools that are needed for this modification so that's where I come in! I will make a kit and have everything soldered, programmed, and ready for a plug and play install with no modification necessary. See below

If anyone is interested in this mod and needs help making up a kit please PM me. Works for both AT and MT 2000-2006 Honda Insights

The items needed are:

Your BCM/MCM harness (see pic below)(which doesn't need to be cut into pieces)(located forward of the battery on top)

I bought a spare harness so I can have it separate from the original, this is just my preference (see picture below) I can make your's like this if you want.

The positive and negative harness attached to your battery(see pic below)(located on the left side of the IMA battery as you are looking at it, the positive side goes to the 30AMP fuse and the negative side goes to a bus bar right next to it (I do a slight mod to the negative cable to allow for a bigger terminal ring, however I am extremely anal about my work) You won't need to send me this because I will just supply the correct hardware to mate the connections.

Arduino Uno with protective case (case is optional, but it does protect the unit) (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HFSWC06/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R1H4BKK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

The original 30 AMP fuse that is on your battery will work.

All together these parts cost about $25 so that is extremely cheap if you needed to wait to purchase a new battery while still driving your Insight.

If you would like for me to build this kit and supply you with the mentioned parts as a whole kit the total would be $75 given that you send me your harness.

If you want to order a kit and don't have a harness then it will be an extra $60.

If you want me to ship out a kit ASAP before sending me out your harness then it will be $135 ($50 will be refunded once you send me your harness)

Also, if you ever decide that you want to install a battery back in your Insight you'll have to send me your harness again so I can repair the wires and put it back to blueprint. There wont be a charge for that just send me your harness and $10 to cover shipping back to you.

I hope I can help some of you guys out that want to do this modification either temporary or permanently.
Looks really interesting. Subscribed. Thank you for offering this, as many are not as electrically savvy as needed to do this mod.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hello SgtUSMC2012:
I’m debating whether I should get your bypass kit (with harness) for $135. It would be a good item to have as a backup option in case I decide to remove my BaT (permanently or to get rebuilt) in the future. Are you going to InsightFest? If could discuss and possibly buy the kit directly from you.
Thanks,
Harborman

·
Registered
12 Posts
Natalya, this mod is meant to be for "OFF ROAD USE ONLY" and I have a disclaimer I'm going to add for anyone looking to buy it. Every company adds disclaimers to any modification to a vehicle. Go to SummitRacing.com or Jegs.com and you will see that with every non factory muffler, exhaust, fuel injectors, turbo's, superchargers, computer chips, etc... has a disclaimer for just that very reason.
Unfortunately no... I need an actual signature. Sorry
i sent you 140.00 on 8/29 did you get it

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
16 Participants
mchacon8924
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing