Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kinda like the Citrus Registry, but on a LOT smaller scale! Besides the one 2001 Canadian Aquamarine Blue MT I owned a couple years ago and sold to a collector who bought it for investment purposes (is storing it away, vin #00028,) and the one I have recently acquired (vin #00023,) are there any other owners of factory painted aqua blue insights here in the U.S.? If so, answer up and include all or part of your vin, and some details about your insight (year/mileage/status/etc!) Heck, for registry purposes, even aquamarine/oxygen blue insights outside the U.S. might as well reply (UK, Europe, Japan, etc!) The production numbers were very few, so I don't think there is a need for a spreadsheet. Thanks guys!
Chris

·
Registered
619 Posts
Kinda like the Citrus Registry, but on a LOT smaller scale! Besides the one 2001 Canadian Aquamarine Blue MT I owned a couple years ago and sold to a collector who bought it for investment purposes (is storing it away, vin #00028,) and the one I have recently acquired (vin #00023,) are there any other owners of factory painted aqua blue insights here in the U.S.? If so, answer up and include all or part of your vin, and some details about your insight (year/mileage/status/etc!) Heck, for registry purposes, even aquamarine/oxygen blue insights outside the U.S. might as well reply (UK, Europe, Japan, etc!) The production numbers were very few, so I don't think there is a need for a spreadsheet. Thanks guys!
Chris
What citrus registry?

·
Premium Member
3,741 Posts
I'm afraid this is going to remain a short thread for obvious reasons. :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I believe the only 2 in the whole country are the one I sold to my collector friend a year or two ago, and now this one. I've never seen anyone else on the forum with one in the U.S. Albeit extremely limited in this color worldwide, it would still be nice to have our Canadian, UK, European and Japanese owners chime in with VIN, mileage, and info.....

PS: I received the matching blue and grey seat covers from Honda Japan. Ridiculous price, but I had to do it. There going to look phenomenal (once installed!)

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Chris,
How many miles on the car?
When the time comes, when you want to sell it, contact me.
Gerald

·
Premium Member
3,741 Posts
Contact Chris 22104

·
Premium Member
3,741 Posts
#00040 checking in.
I never thought I was ever going to join the roll call on this thread, because I wasn't chasing one of these rare beauties. But as fate would have it, while considering my options with my damaged citrus, the stars aligned and I was able to import one a few weeks ago.

Also noticed this Aqua Blue in Florida at LHT...it has got to be THE only Aquamarine K-Sight in the world: http://www.lhtperformance.net/documents/k_sight_builds.html

·
Premium Member
3,741 Posts
Thanks David. They also look great next to a citrus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Aqua Marine Blue

Hello,
glad to see some scarce aquamarine blue owners here.

I do own one here in Germany (VIN 193), 103.000 km - appearance almost as new.

16 years ago, when owning a citrus for half a year, I could gain access to the European colour mix statistics.

According my informations

Aquamarine blue sales in Europe: 10 in Germany / 46 in the UK
Citrus yellow: 6 in Germany / 76 in the UK

Best regards

Wolfgang

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
How did you acquire those seat covers? I know of the rare citrus covers, but this thread is the first I've ever seen about blue ones. Saw your car on the museum trip btw, looks good!
-Don

1 - 20 of 31 Posts