Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its hard to find much information about new aftermarket A/C compressors. Some here say do not go with an aftermarket A/C compressor.
From my research, it seems that maybe refurbished or remanufactured A/C compressors were not a good idea. These used the same compressor case and the tolerances were worn out from use.

They now sell complete New A/C compressors that have all new parts.

Are these compressors not worth buying?

From BuyAutoparts.com, I'm only mentioning this because many here seemed to have bought their compressor from them.

An OEM Honda compressor costs $400

A New Aftermarket compressor costs $200

Should I really go with the OEM compressor for $200 more? I don't really use the A/C all that much here in NY, really only a couple months out of the year, and rarely as I like to have the windows open usually.

I'm looking for any opinions on this as I have to make a decision. I'm kind of just leaning towards not replacing the compressor and not having A/C at all. Hard to justify spending money on this old 2000 Honda insight with almost 200K miles.

I would consider the aftermarket for only $200, but if you guys think that it will be a total waste and I'll definitely be replacing it in a year then maybe I will have to reconsider.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Here’s the wholesale price of the factory brand from WORLDPAC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts