Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think there are any but I'll ask anyway, are there any Chicago area mechanics experienced with MT G1s?

·
Registered
481 Posts
What are you looking to do with your car? Edit:Let me rephrase that as it sounds like I’m asking if you’re selling. I own 3 wife would kill me. 😇 I can help you but I can’t do it with broken elbow. 🤕

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you looking to do with your car? Edit:Let me rephrase that as it sounds like I’m asking if you’re selling. I own 3 wife would kill me. 😇 I can help you but I can’t do it with broken elbow. 🤕
I have three as well but I am moving in 2-3 months with little time to manage it all. Car #1 (less than 98k miles) needs only routine maintenance and needs a couple body parts swapped out. I also need to install a better battery pack I have on hand. That is all do-able by me. The trans in #2 is gone. I can't handle that. Otherwise #2 is a great car with about 119,000 miles, previously garaged. I want to sell it. #3 is a parts car that I will attempt to sell once I switched out some body parts and perhaps after I made it road-worthy with mostly the basics: brakes, plugs, injectors possibly, serious internal cleaning. It might not be worth it but I don't want to junk it.

Short answer, I am looking for help to diagnose and repair the MT on #2. Once diagnosed I might be able to convince a great mechanic I know to do what needs doing. I don't know if it's the flywheel or.....

·
Registered
481 Posts
Where exactly in Chicago are you located I live in Chicago on the southside by midway airport. I also agree with you about junking. Too few of these to let that happen to.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where exactly in Chicago are you located I live in Chicago on the southside by midway airport
Lincolnshire. 1.3 miles from the Half Day Road exit on 294/9

I just saw your profile: Music Teacher, Musician, Cyclist, Cycling, Motorcycles, Canoeing, Hiking, Jazz and Good Music.
We definitely have to meet up. I am a Metheny freak, graduate of Berklee long ago, guitarist, and more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts