Honda Insight Forum banner

Armrest! Armrest! Armrest! Can I get an amen?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Arturo 
#1 ·
After growing weary waiting for my ebay contact to build a prototype to fit the Insight, I finally took a chance on a used Civic armrest.

It is from a 92 - 95 Civic EX, it arrived today and it dropped right into the space occupied by the original little e-brake console.

I haven't bothered to screw it in yet as it sits there just fine and barely moves. The e-brake handle fits with no trouble and has full range of motion.

If you are a perfectionist, you may want to trim it a bit or make minor changes to make it look like a perfect factory fit. For me, it does the job I need it to do and it looks just fine doing it! Woo-hoo!

See less See more
#4 ·
questions answered

• Color match is very close.
  • Front edge lays flat on carpet with a couple of inches free before you reach the lower edge of the AT console.

• Am able to adjust seat tilt levers with little to no trouble

• Rear edge has a space from back of console to rear wall behind seats, but you can't see it unless you are in the car and looking back there for it.

Pics at GH. :shock:

#6 ·
I would think so

Not sure on the length of the shifter console on the MT, but even if it were longer than the AT you could just trim the leading inch or two from the armrest console to make it fit.

As I mentioned earlier, it's not a perfect fit, but it is very functional and works for me. :D

#10 ·
Check ebay

Not sure of the part number, but you can find them on ebay with relative ease.

And yes, the lid does open to reveal a small storage cubby. Useful for sunglasses, coins, etc.

Not sure if other year armrests fit better, but as I've mentioned this fits the bill for me and after cruising about this weekend with my right elbow comfortably resting, I am very pleased. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.