Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.artsautomotive.com/

Some on the list might already be aware of this place, I had heard it mentioned before but have never had a problem w/ my insight, so i just kept it tucked away..

well yesterday my insight's engine started making a rumble while accelerating over the bay bridge.. a sound i never heard come from my insight.. i mean.. it sounded like a normal car when you step on the gas... scary.

then as i got off the bridge and slowed to a stop in a parking lot, I noticed what almost sounded like an electronic hum, coming from under the hood. it stopped when the car autostopped, and resumed when i took my foot off the break.

I just brought my car over to Arts for the first time.. they wanted to hear the noise, so i started up the engine, 5 seconds later he says "I think i know what that is, pop the hood".. he walked out, tightened the engine filter cover and presto the sound was gone. He knew of one or two other things that could have made a similar sound and told me this should cure the acceleration noise i heard.. and.. guys.. girls.. it DID!

These people specialize in hybrids and were so pleasant to work with. so if you live in the SF bay area, and ever have a problem with your insight and want someone who is familiar with insights, take it to Art's. I just read on their web site that Art drives an insight himself! They're in Berkeley at 2871 San Pablo.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Art's Automotive, Berkeley

I took Both my Insights, CVT and 5spd models to Art's for the 110,000 and 210,000 mile services and saved about $2,000 off the dealer priced services!

I highly recommend Art's. And, Rent-A-Relic in Berkeley will come pick you up for a rental at Art's as well. Prices for a rental are about $20.00 a day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts