Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Should work. The OEM wheels are 14's X 5.5" with a 45mm offset and a 4X100 bolt pattern. You might also consider some cheap steel civic rims for winter wheels. More weight, but cheap.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm using those wheels for snow tires

I ended up buying used CRX rims (look just like the ones in that picture) for my snow tires (went with Nokian Hakka 2s in OEM size). Work just fine.

And I found that the used allow rims were cheaper than new steel wheels, as long as you can pick them up locally and not pay the ebay seller to ship them.

MF

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I found a junk yard set that my body shop is going to sand and paint. They were too far gone for Keystone to refurb. Snow tires will be mounted, just in time for spring!

·
Premium Member
Southern California
804 Posts
Bazzetta, seriously, you gotta stop posting in 11-year old threads. I realize the rules are pretty lax around here, but I think that violates common forum etiquette.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Sorry Mario. I Just have not gotten in the habit of looking at the dates. I'm reading everything I can and just never think to see how old the thread is.

At least This time my update was on topic and hopefully of interest. I guess I should have posted the update on my wheels elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,887 Posts
Bazzetta;
Maybe start your own thread as a lot of us have done. Then post on your thread items related to your Insight. especially if you are modding.
Of course the thread WILL still DRIFT.

HTH
Willie

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Bazzetta;
Maybe start your own thread as a lot of us have done. Then post on your thread items related to your Insight. especially if you are modding.
Of course the thread WILL still DRIFT.

HTH
Willie
Thanks Willie. Great idea.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Personally, I kind of like seeing the old threads pop up - though it'd be better, when posting to them, to realize that they are indeed really old...

·
Super Moderator
1,821 Posts
Bazzetta, seriously, you gotta stop posting in 11-year old threads. I realize the rules are pretty lax around here, but I think that violates common forum etiquette.
So I'm a little confused about forum etiquette. I thought this was the right thing to do, post to a thread that was already started and mostly on topic, rather than start another. Now if you are answering questions on an old post, because you didn't notice the date, I understand.

How many posts are there for, "My IMA light is on, what should I do?". Instead of the person searching and reading, that they need to have their codes read and check their ground straps they just start a new post and pollute the forum.

Please help me understand,
Thanks,
Scott

·
Super Moderator
5,147 Posts
I agree with Scott. I'd rather see posts consolidated in one thread than the same information all over the place.

But user's should should check the age of the post before commenting directly to somebody who isn't around anymore. If they didn't get the answer eight years ago they probably don't still need it.

And yes. PLEASE do some research before starting a new thread about your IMA light being on.

Sam

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
So I'm a little confused about forum etiquette....
I see it similarly. But I think if you're just kind of posting willy-nilly on really old posts, not paying attention to dates, it can clutter up the forum with topics that some people will see, start to read, and then realize all but the last post is out-dated... So if you're not paying attention to dates, too, you can end up wasting time, reading Joe-Blow describe a problem that 10 years later he's likely to have solved... Frankly, I started paying more attention to dates after Bazzetta started digging up these bones. I don't have a problem with it...

But then, I'm no great observer of etiquette, especially if it has to do with anything 'on-line'... Hopefully Mario will have something more substantial to add...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I would go so far as concatenating/merging many threads of similar type: being a lumper vs. splitter; but then the monster threads are very daunting to search with huge drift so.... I'll just sit back and call for maintenance of freedom of expression. nb. Consider what happened in the early days of developing Mima [Closed Thread]
over and over again. [<<< have at it B' but don't expect replies] Maybe try using the threads as a referential link in a report to try and solve any problems. [Persons may recall deadpool's list of topics, a work still useful but becoming dated as it was 'sealed' so to speak.]

Really, I don't care how old the thread, just if the info is still correct and information can apply in a helpful manner to today's situation.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Ah. The eternal dilemma. Find an existing thread on a topic you like and post your (new to you) thoughts there or start a new thread about an old subject.

·
Premium Member
Southern California
804 Posts
So I'm a little confused about forum etiquette. I thought this was the right thing to do, post to a thread that was already started and mostly on topic, rather than start another. Now if you are answering questions on an old post, because you didn't notice the date, I understand.

How many posts are there for, "My IMA light is on, what should I do?". Instead of the person searching and reading, that they need to have their codes read and check their ground straps they just start a new post and pollute the forum.

Please help me understand,
Thanks,
Scott
I see it similarly. But I think if you're just kind of posting willy-nilly on really old posts, not paying attention to dates, it can clutter up the forum with topics that some people will see, start to read, and then realize all but the last post is out-dated... So if you're not paying attention to dates, too, you can end up wasting time, reading Joe-Blow describe a problem that 10 years later he's likely to have solved... Frankly, I started paying more attention to dates after Bazzetta started digging up these bones. I don't have a problem with it...

But then, I'm no great observer of etiquette, especially if it has to do with anything 'on-line'... Hopefully Mario will have something more substantial to add...
I don't know what the official stance on necroposting is on InsightCentral... and the rules are very sparse. Doesn't mention anything of the sort.
On other forums I frequent, the rule goes like this - don't post in threads that are more than a few pages back (or more than a few months old) unless you have a significant contribution to make. Now, what constitutes a significant contribution is obviously pretty subjective.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for bumping old threads when you have a problem! Say there's a really old thread on how to replace part X on an Insight, and somebody posts a new way to do it more easily or quickly, or they have an alternative part. Or, you have code PXXXX, and you ask for help in an old thread about it, that's fine as well.

Those sorts of posts make helpful threads more helpful and improve our collective knowledge. And when a future user is searching on how to replace part X and they come across that thread, they will see the new, improved way to do it. Obviously a significant contribution to that thread. I'm 100% all for this.

But bringing up old threads to add a more social kind of comment doesn't seem right in my eyes... I wouldn't really call it a "significant contribution". If you want to talk about what you're doing with your Insight, why not make your own, new thread where you can put it all? Then it's in one spot and easy to see the progress. Or, we have the "What have you done to your Insight today" thread.

I don't mean to be a backseat moderator, so Peter or any other forum mod/admin (or even other community members), please let me know if you feel I'm in the wrong here.

Basically, my argument boils down to: bumping old threads to add useful information/ask questions that will aid future users in solving problems and further community knowledge, awesome. Definitely the right thing to do. But bumping old threads to talk about what rims you're putting on your Insight... doesn't seem right to me.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
All valid points. I'll reserve my opinion to myself on this issue though, because I feel we have done a pretty good job self governing the forum behavior. (as far as I know...I'm not aware of a lot of moderator intervention, but it could be happening in the background).
I remember days when we would get slapped hard if we even mentioned anything remotely considered altering an O2 sensor, or removing an exhaust system component under the auspices of "Breaking or promoting circumvention laws" or whatnot.
Things have been nice and calm on a mostly civil forum with respectful and helpful members.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts