Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bull Dog,

Thanks for the PM earlier telling me about your overseas fluke.

I took a couple photos of my friend's genuine fluke. He told me his dad paid $300, not $400. But sounds like your overseas market one might be identical for around $80? His Fluke 87 actually has a backlight, cool. My el cheapo radio shack and semi cheapo general bluetooth ones do not have a backlight. But the bluetooth one is quite handy to monitor voltage from my phone and record them with a tap. This can be scripted too for automated recording, although transfer to spreadsheet is manual.

Photos of the Fluke 87 with and without backlight on, does your looks identical?:

And the general bluetooth one, no backlight available:

·
Learner
351 Posts
Entirely different. I'm a hobbiest and there is no way I could justify spending $300+ on a meter that I use 3-5 times a year.

I bought this one after watching the videos AvE did on his Fluke 12B+.

I inherited this Fluke from my Grandfather. It is Made in the USA and I would guess it has to be at least 20-25 years old now. Still works like a champ too.

Attachments

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Learner
351 Posts
AvE has the 12E+. The 17B+ is basically a version of the 12E+ with more features. The 17B+ has native Hertz counting as well as duty cycle for PWM. It also comes with a thermister for temperature reading. The "+" is important because the 17B is a different product with a smaller screen.

My 17B+ has screen illumination as well. It is also worthy of noting that these meters are not True RMS.

Edit: I don't know if it has been mentioned, but these Asia market only meters don't have a warranty in North America. I shouldn't really need to say this but, if you are a professional, these meters are not for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts