Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am driving to N Seattle this Saturday, June 4th. I have been invited to display my car, and give a lecture-presentation at the big renewable energy fair. (check out shorelinesolar.org) My new 2005 red Insight is slightly modified for car shows. I have expensive clear coat paint, video camera system replacing outside mirrors, tinted windows, no rear wiper, high-end stereo & speakers, etc. I have averaged 86.2 mpg so far.
The car is highly polished and looks stunning on display!

The fair is at Meridian School, just off I-5 at the 175th exit. (17077 Meridian Ave N) The fair goes from 10am to 4pm; I will be there early.
It would be wonderful to meet other Insight owners, everyone is welcome to stop by, and the event is free to the public! Billy....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'l try to swing by

It sounds interesting and I'd like to see the customizations you made to your Insight and maybe meet a few other Seattle-area insight owners. I'm really busy that weekend but I'll try to come by for a few.

-Michael Cutts
2000 Citrus Yellow

·
Registered
303 Posts
Cool!

I'll be there, and bring Mouse (who needs a wax and polish and isn't so stunning). :oops:

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your response; yeah, the weather is suppose to be decent, and there will be bio-diesel displays, solar, wind, hydrogen, etc. It will be great to meet a few other honda-owners! I will drive over 5400 foot Chinook Pass, down to Enumclaw, Auburn, Des Moines, Seattle. Maybe i can average 90 mpg if I can avoid headwinds! Later, Billy.....

·
Registered
303 Posts
Fair was cool...

...as was Billy's Insight. The clearcoat is nifty, and his 411-sign is very appropriate to non-Hybrid and Hybrid viewers alike. It would be interesting to see how the mirror removal changes the drag coefficient. It was great to compare what's under the hood of his no-A/C 5-speed to my CVT. I'm missing the engine cover sticker (hmpf).

Met three other Insighters and saw two more in the parking lot: a red '03 5-speed and a silver of undeterminable age (lightening bolt seat covers, 5-speed) but likely at least '03 guessing from the door panel fabric change. Foolishly, none of us brought a camera for a multi-Insight photo op; next time.

It was a five-Insight day: saw a blue one while driving home; the yawning driver didn't respond to my thumbs-up, however. It appears Insights are becoming as everyday as Priuses here in Seattle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts