Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been invited to display my 2005 Insight this Saturday & Sunday (Dec 9, 10) at Santa Monica Airport. (Barker Hanger) The event is Alt Car Expo, billed as the world's largest gathering of alt fuel vehicles. Admission is free. See altcarexpo.com

I'm leaving from Spokane, WA thurs pm for the 1300 mile drive. Cold temps may prevent me from averaging 90 MPG, but maybe I'll try anyway.

At the event, there is a free shuttle to the giant LA Auto Show (convention center) for those interested.

Everyone please come by and say "hi", it would be a pleasure to meet you and talk cars!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Billy,

I had a lot of fun at the show today. Your car looks absolutely awesome with that clear coat of paint. It really attracted a lot of spectators and got everyone asking the right questions. Do you think you will do it again next year? 1,300 miles is quite a long drive and I know you must have spent a lot of money to be here. 1,300 miles is almost as far as LA to Dallas.

Anyway, thanks for coming out. The Insight would have been left out of the show entirely if you hadn’t showed up.

Here is a picture I took of your display: http://www.halestechnologygroup.com/mpg/billyscar.jpg

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Akwehl; I bought the car new and have 23,122 miles on it. 89.3 is my current LMPG. On long trips in the summer I often average 95-105 mpg or so. I don't do very much city driving; I keep the tire pressures up to around 50 lbs, slow down a little and try to stay in the lean-burn mode. I have owned 3 Insights, and all of them have gotten very high fuel economy......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts