Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I picked up my Insight from the local dealership last week; love it!
Only I miss one feature my previous cars all had, auto folding mirrors (when one locks the car, and unfolding when one opens the car).
A very nice feature (since I live close to a narrow street).

Looking on the internet I found plenty of these optional modules for other Honda's (e.g. Civic), however not for the insight. Nor did I find any info on how to make something myself.

Is there anyone who can give me more information on this topic, sort of a How-to or something?

Would be much appriciated!

Thanks!

Michael

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all,

I picked up my Insight from the local dealership last week; love it!
Only I miss one feature my previous cars all had, auto folding mirrors (when one locks the car, and unfolding when one opens the car).
A very nice feature (since I live close to a narrow street).

Looking on the internet I found plenty of these optional modules for other Honda's (e.g. Civic), however not for the insight. Nor did I find any info on how to make something myself.

Is there anyone who can give me more information on this topic, sort of a How-to or something?

Would be much appriciated!

Thanks!

Michael
Wiring the folding motors to work on the ACC power and adding a relay should do the trick. I haven't tried it though....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for your replies!

Is there anyone who knows where to get the wiring diagrams to wire this relay? From what I've read for the Civic's, one needs to unplug the cable connector behind the folding mirror switch and tab some wires. Only, how do I know which wire to tab on the Insight? For the Civic all cable colors are provided...

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,579 Posts
Michael;
Please include your location in your profile.

Willie

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,579 Posts
Thank you!

Willie

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a JDM 09 Insight it has power fold mirror, if you manually fold the mirror, then ignition is on the mirrors will automatically unfold, while the button is on unfold position.

I'm not that expert but this is what's on my mind
View attachment 85480

or get aftermarket universal.

View attachment 85481
Where did you find those JDM ones at? or what did you search to find them because I can't find any? I can't find anyone even speaking about them. I know how they work and how to wire them as I've done the conversion to all civics have had including parking poll and full SIR bumpers,body moldings etc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Where did you find those JDM ones at? or what did you search to find them because I can't find any? I can't find anyone even speaking about them. I know how they work and how to wire them as I've done the conversion to all civics have had including parking poll and full SIR bumpers,body moldings etc.
What year and what trim/series is your car? Mine is L (Japan) or SE (EU) or LX (US/CA)

I bought it locally here in Ireland which is rare also mostly 09, but it depends on what trim/series.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What year and what trim/series is your car? Mine is L (Japan) or SE (EU) or LX (US/CA)

I bought it locally here in Ireland which is rare also mostly 09, but it depends on what trim/series.
American lx model but I'd like to add it. I know how to do the wiring I just need the mirrors. Would you happen to the part numbers? I'd love to find the mirrors

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts