Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I read the manual correctly, the auto idle stop should still work if the enviro controls are set to ECON, and the temp is above 45 deg F.

However, AIS doesn't work for me unless everything is off.

ECON A/C OFF; ECON A/C ON; Fan speed and mode selected, or not selected.

Nothing I do seems to matter, except turning the einvro controls off just before stopping, which is bothersome.

Is this supposed to be this way or is something wrong?

Thanks,
--Ash

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Not sure but if i remember correctly, this was the case for cars that the 'outside air tempature' sensor was unplugged. It is clipped to the front bumper, in front of the radiator.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Yves is right. You can diagnose this by pressing and holding the AUTO and OFF buttons of your climate control A/C. If there is a problem, '88' will flash followed by a trouble code. Demonstrate for your mechanic. If you take it to your dealer (like I did), be prepared for condescending explanations of how auto-stop works and for a lot of wasted time before they finally figure out that YES THE DAMN SENSOR IS DISCONNECTED LIKE YOU SAID. /rant

http://www.insightcentral.net/KB/faq-co ... html#NoAIS

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahHA! You are correct, it does give an 88...
Popped the hood and there is a 2-wire plug hanging in between the bumper and radiator with nothing attached to it...

Where is the temp sensor mounted? I've looked within the range that the wires look like they could reach and I don't see any sort of sensor?

Maybe it is missing alltogether? :(

--Ash

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh crap, Does anyone know Honda's official name for this sensor?
I called my local dealerships and the only temperature sensor they show in thier computers is the one for the air box.

Anyone know what that sensor is called/where I can order one? I think I found the mount behind the lic. plate holder so I'm sure it is missing.

Thanks,
Ash

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
It is called the "Outside Air Temperature sensor" . There is a square hole in the middle of the bumper on the radiator side. The sensor clips to this place. It is used for the heating/ventillation/Air conditionning. It is not part of the engine stuff.

To find one, you guys/girls in the States have Online Stores. We do not here (Cnd). We have Honda dealers only. Someone else could provide a link maybe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts