Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Auto door lock

After 30 seconde the door lock automaticely .it's ok if you forget to lock the car.
But if forgot something in the car the door is lock and you have to unluck again.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
// the door is lock and you have to unluck again.
I get the same if I've unlocked it and haven't opened the door right away like you say. I'm worried of locking the keys inside if using the opener for the back hatch when inside the car, and then exiting the car for a time leaving the keys in the car. Lucky so far and always pocket the keys.
There may be a way to configure that in the owners manual but not sure.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I worried too when i start the car and i de ice de car .but i not sure if the door lock when the keys is in the ignition.
I dont close the door to be sure to come back in the car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oh man, I essentially gave up... I tried a couple different things and decided maybe given my intelligence level I should just get an alarm system that is able to cancel this out AND since there are other more important things to do on the car, this at this time is on the back burner.

Like some have stated, if you don't unlock it, it wont relock itself. SO if you drive and get out, it wont re-lock itself - true.

I also DID get a dummy key, and I cut it down REAL small so it fits in a wallet and all the black plastic is removed. Wont start the car but it will rescue your child from its deep dark evil autolocking clutches...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts