Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this morning, just before getting on the freeway I came to a stop and the engine shutdown as usual. Thing is, when I put into first gear (manual transmission) it didn't fire up automatically. I noticed most if not all the dash lights came on as if the ignition had just been turned on and the engine not started yet. I turned the key and engaged the backup starter to fire it up, but even that seemed a bit labored.

I turned on the air conditioning to prevent the auto-stop from functioning for the rest of my trip to work. I'll test it on here at work before leaving to see if it's working normally again before getting back on the freeway to go home.

Has anyone experienced this? It took me a while to get used to the engine shutting down, and now that I have, I'm back in that mode where I'm not trusting it'll always fire up again automatically.

Oh, I did confirm after the incident that the IMA pack is charging, and the assist is working. So it doesn't seem to be a basic failure of the IMA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.