Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:evil: my 2001, in hot weather, with the A/C on in ECONO mode, does not Auto-Stop when I come to a complete stop. Someone else mentioned that they had the same prob on their 2001, but I can't find the message. Another eerie thing: When my car gets washed with a hose, or when it gets rained on heavily, the A/C blows VERY HOT when set to 61* degrees and up. EXAMPLE: I idle my car in the driveway with the temp control set to a very chilly 61 degrees. After wetting the front of the car, the A/C blows so damned hot, I need to literally get out of the car! WHAT UP! Email me direct [email protected] because I need ammo to shell out to my Honda dealer to get this all fixed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had the same trouble you are having. Hot air out when set for cold. And auto-stop not comming on when set to A/C utilizing ECON (2000 5 spd).
I brought it to the Honda dealership and I quote: "Found inside ambient air temp sensor connector loose. Resecured connector and working ok now."
Both problems were fixed by resecuring that loose connection.
Hope this helps!
~Martin
Recycled
2000 5 Spd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! I'll try that!

I'll look under my dash tomarrow and see what I find (I might go out there with a flash light RIGHT NOW and look at the connector! I'll report my finds!

-Wyatt

·
Registered
320 Posts
There is an outside temperature sensor in the front grill. Perhaps hosing that down with cold water is convincing the climate control system that it should just pull in outside air with no air conditioning in order to cool down the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
problem solved!!

Ok dudes, here is what I found: the outside air temp sensor on the back of the front bumper was NEVER CONNECTED BY THE DEALER WHEN THEY INSTALLED THE A/C KIT!!! The car blew HOT when wet because the water was shorting the plug, which now is totally corroded. Isn't that spectacular? I plugged it in, and all my probs were solved, although I am going to the dealer this afternoon to put the smack down and get them to replace the corroded plug. (idiots).

Anyhoo, I don't trust my service department as far as I can throw them.

Wyatt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts