Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

new issue popped up.. Not sure what is going on here. Auto Stop used to work fine before, but sometime recently, it stopped working while I am in ECON mode, both with A/C ON and A/C OFF. It continues to work fine with the climate control in the "off" position.

I checked the climate control self diagnostics, no codes. no CEL, A/C works fine, IMA battery is fine. I'm a little stumped.

Sorry, I should have posted it in the Problems section, I hit the wrong button.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Might be the tube to the humidity sensor came loose near the ignition key.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked it.. seemed to be plugged in OK. I jigged around my Calpod switch, checked the wires, and went for a drive, and it seems to work fine now.. auto stops in ECON like it's supposed to.

*shrug*

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
If it acts up again it could be your outside air temp sensor connection coming loose. Sensor is right behind the grill in front of the car. If it is unplugged or bad connection Autostop will not work with in ECON but will work with climate controls turned off.

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Funny I forgot to plug mine in on the Citrus when I put the bumper back on and autostop did not work while driving to work. Thanks to this site I knew exactly what the problem was hahah :)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
So how is that new Citrus Green car of yours running? Going to give Diamond Larry a run for his money on the new route to work? haha

·
Super Moderator
6,900 Posts
Funny I forgot to plug mine in on the Citrus when I put the bumper back on and autostop did not work while driving to work. Thanks to this site I knew exactly what the problem was hahah :)
Is high ambient temperature one of the "qualification list" that effects autostop? I have noticed that now that the Richmond weather is really hot, I frequently don't get autostop. I too will check my sensor.

I too have a calpod switch, but it doesn't seem logical that that switch could create an autostop problem.

·
Super Moderator
6,900 Posts
Is high ambient temperature one of the "qualification list" that effects autostop? I have noticed that now that the Richmond weather is really hot, I frequently don't get autostop. I too will check my sensor.

I too have a calpod switch, but it doesn't seem logical that that switch could create an autostop problem.
As Rosann Rosanna Dana used to say, "never mind." I think I disabled mine by getting the wrong combo on the climate control. After 3 years I still apparently don't understand how it works:confused: Gotta study the sticky that Righlandcruiser wrote so many years ago.

·
Registered
737 Posts
So how is that new Citrus Green car of yours running? Going to give Diamond Larry a run for his money on the new route to work? haha
A competition with Jeff sounds like a great idea. He's probably one of the few that could make it interesting. I'm running 130-135 mpg per day (23.7 miles round trip) lately.

I may have to check my sensor as well as it seems my auto-stop was a bit flaky with A/C and/or heat on my last road trips.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Another thing that I noticed about autostop and AC. When the SOC drops to 25% the AC and autostop both stop working until you reach at least 30% SOC as reported by my ODBIIC&C.

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
A competition with Jeff sounds like a great idea. He's probably one of the few that could make it interesting. I'm running 130-135 mpg per day (23.7 miles round trip) lately.

I may have to check my sensor as well as it seems my auto-stop was a bit flaky with A/C and/or heat on my last road trips.
I don't think it's going to happen. I have too many signals and traffic to put up Larry's #'s. I only got 90MPG today. Hopefully as I get better with the new route (and get the MIMA installed) I can at least break back into the triple digits and live up to my new license plate ;-)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Auto Stop inop -FIXED

Sorry to open up an old thread but my issue brought me to this topic and I thought I would post how I fixed my inop Auto Stop.

First, I have a 2000 Non-AC car so many of the points here did not apply until I read that the car has to be above 32F for Auto Stop to be functioning and someone posted to look at the temp sensor.

Issue: Autostop only works with climate control completely off. Expected Autostop to be enabled when the ECON button was pressed with climate control in any "on" setting.

Well, lo and behold, one of the two wires (pink or orange) was cut right at the wire tie that holds the wires to the black bracket that also holds the actual sensor in place.

Looks like a clip was never placed properly upstream from all of this causing the convolute tube covering the wires to NOT reach this other clip so the wires were exposed and one wore away until it was broken.

One test drive and now I AutoStop!!!

Thank you Insight Central!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts