Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it good to cut off the car in autostop mode?
For example when I pull into a parking spot for work I of course run into auto stop mode but, I go ahead and put it into park while the car is still on which restarts the engine before I pull out the key?

Should I just turn off the car in autostop mode and then put it into park?

·
Registered
408 Posts
In my 5 speed, I turn the car off after it goes into auto stop. I'm not sure if there is a difference in the cvt.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
This was discussed on Yahoo-Hybrids before. The general concensus seemed to be to put the car in neutral first, which won't restart the engine, then turn the key off. To my understanding now you need you let the car sit for a few seconds before putting it in park to let the transmission spin down otherwise you'll get a whine when you put it in park. This just avoids any extra wear on things I guess.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CVT

Yea I'm sorry. I have a CVT. :oops:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I turn the car off with it in drive then put it in park. I didn't see why I would want the engine to come back on, just to turn it off.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I never understood any reason to "park" a manual tranny by putting it into gear (when on a flat surface anyway). It has always been my custom to leave the 5 speed in neutral and turn the ignition off while in auto-stop and just use the "parking"/emergency brake to hold her steady.
~Martin
Sora
Recycled 2000 5 spd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts