Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have had auto-stop all week (from around noon to 4). Snow's melting. I am eager to put my OEM (summer) tires and get better mpg readings.

Have anybody who lives like me in an area where temps are from -35 C to +35 C year round, removed their winter tires? Or are you still waiting a few weeks more.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not quite as cold in my area, but it is nice to see the temps on the rise and the car shutting itself off again!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm waiting awhile yet - we had that same nice weather pass through Ontario a few days ago... now it's well below zero with blowing snow and general winter ick.

I should know better than to think spring was here this early. *sniff*

The same question has been bugging me, though. At what point DO you decide that it's time for the normal tires?

·
Registered
102 Posts
My auto-stop has been working on and off here in Boston for a couple of weeks now, but today it's snowing again. I think I'll wait to the end of March before I take the snow tires off.

Besides, I'm thinking about going for true summer tires (the Dunlops I've read about here on the forum, perhaps?) which are suicidal if you end up driving in snow...

MF

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HI,

Thanks for the responses. It could haved saved me. It snowed yesterday night.

I will wait until mid April.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
In Ontario our weather is unpredictable in March, always wait until April to remove your winter tires.
I have "summer only" tires so even in April I have to make sure it's going to be warm enough to remove my winter tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts