Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time member ... first time post.
Have a 2010 Insight (Blue) with ~140K. Recently saw tread wire and had the front end alignment checked at a Hibdon's ... was told that they couldn't align it without replacing the front struts - they were bad. Quote of $785.
Took it to my local mechanic and he confirmed that one of the struts was bad and was willing to do the work for $450.
I was just starting a new job and didn't have time to do it myself so told him to order the parts and we would go forward.
So that was 4 weeks ago and he claims that he can't get the right strut in. Says there's two versions and they keep delivering the wrong one.
I'm fairly competent in a garage and would do the work myself if I knew that I had the right part in hand before I start.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I looked on Bernardi:

https://www.bernardiparts.com/honda-parts.aspx

It's under the section: Chassis

The entire assembly does not seem to be available

That is what you would want to do it yourself and what most mechanics would want. Those part numbers are:

51610-TN8-A03 Right
5162--TN8-A03 Left $276.38 each

The shocks alone are available:

51611-TM8-A03 Right
51621-TM8-A03 left $138.61 each

I doubt the page they are on will link, you will have to go to the main page and select your vehicle, trim and model year, but here's a try:

https://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda/Parts-List.aspx

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Just went back and checked on a 2014 and the complete shock assemblies are available. The part numbers are different only in the last suffix, A21 instead of A03
I wonder if the newer ones fix the 2010-2011? Might be worth a call to a Honda parts counter. The "wrong" parts that keep being sent might be what is used now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
gms24ru
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing