·
Registered
185 Posts
It’s only about a 6.6 hr job and that’s book time most can do it in 4hrs

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think its ok, but it is overheating tonight and blasting hot air.
Yesterday I filled it up with bleeder open, then closed the bleeder and started burping the system.
It was belching out coolant backing up through the hose and funnel
I noticed unheated air so I assumed it was the heater core. I will try to burp it again. It sure was not acting like the video I watched. Steamy hot with hot coolant backing out. ?????????

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,711 Posts
What video shows that?
This is in the Insighters "memory data".

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
If the coolant is continuously belching and won’t stop belching It maybe the sign of a blown head gasket.

Scott

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I overheated my 06 but driving hot with no coolant. When I bought this car it was low in rhe overflow tank but wasn't overhearing at idle. Then after the shift cable was fixed the seller and I took it for a 10 minute ride and the gauge was normal.

All I did was change the thermostat and drained the old coolant flushed not back flushed the system with spring water?closed the system up?filled it with new coolant with the relief valve open until it came out? Then started burping per willies video.???? The 01 was steaming and I did not blow a gasket. I am driving it! nakona1

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to replace the radiator in the 03
It may be plugged as there is very little in the expansion tank. Now the ima light came on. Turned off the switch
I am have lots of difficult getting the starter to engage.
Maybe I will need a complete shifter. And it doesn't want to shift up. There were 3 cbts in better shape. Just couldn't get to them.

Now I have determination, but low energy to getter dun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts