Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd tell you about my experience of ordering parts from Majestic Honda. On June 1st I ordered the rear black plastic bumper piece, for my 2001 CVT Insight from Majestic for $59.01. There was a handling cost of $4.95 and the shipping came to $26.95. The total was $90.91. I thought cool, it's cheaper than buying from my local dealership.

When the part arrived the box was a bit torn up but the inside plastic bag over the part didn't seem ripped. After uppacking it I noticed the part had a few nicks and bends in the top edge. It would be very noticable if put on the car. So I contacted Majestic and they were happy send out another one, at another charge to my account and issue a UPS return label.

The new part arrived with the UPS return label in the box. The box was in great condition, no outside damage. I was charged $59.01 for this part. But this part also had nicks similiar to the first part and almost in the same locations. So now I'm thinking, maybe there is a problem at the Honda parts plant. I let Majestic know of my findings and they agreed to send out another part, again charging my account. I also requested that someone look at the part before sending it to me. I UPS'd the first damaged part to Majestic that day. They also asked if I wanted another return label, of which I did.

The third part arrived double boxed and double wrapped inside. There wasn't a return UPS label inside or an invoice sheet (as the other parts had). I was charged $107.91 for this part. This time the part was in perfect condition. I ask them where the return label was and they informed me one was sent out so I should be getting it soon.

I only received a charge credit for $59.01 for the first returned part that cost me $90.91 and wondered why I was charged more for the third replacement part. I called Majestic parts department for some answers. I was told I must have been refunded for the second part, which didn't have a shipping charge. The third part charge of $107.91 was for the higher shipping charge to double pack it. Although I think they should have let me know about an increase shipping charge before sending it. They also said a return label was send out a week prior and to wait another week.

As of today (7-1-04), I have not received the UPS return label from Majestic Honda. Its been a month since first ording from them. I have one good part that cost me $17 more than the first order and more than what my local dealership would have charged me. I also have one damaged part waiting for the return label to be sent back and get my refund.

Majestic should refund me the $107.91, since they didn't inform me of a higher shipping cost prior to my acceptance and send me the UPS return label. Why do I have a feeling they are getting so confused now that I will never see my money? Do they even know what they are doing?

Do not use Majestic Honda!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The BBB is a private party and really can't do anything. Their web sites aren't even kept up to date!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke with Carlos at Majestic today. He said they will send me the UPS return label, for the damaged part I have and will also reimburse me for the $17 increased shipping cost with my credit for the part return.

This is the third time I've been told the UPS return label is on its way! If this actually happens as Carlos promised, then everything will be fine and they will have cleared away my distrust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts