Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's morning commute I got 80.8 mpg!

I had to tell everyone I work with, even the car insurance agent (who I had to call to tell them to take the car I just sold off my insurance). Now he wants an Insight too. The sound of jaw hitting floor was heard on my end of the phone.

On this momentous day, I was running at 80.8 during a horrendous downpour. I couldn't see 10 feet in front of me and there were improperly drained roads with huge deep puddles.

Yet I still got 80.8 mpg.

How much better would it have been if it hadn't been storming?

I aspire to join the 100+ mpg club.

Alas, my daily mileage degraded a lot after I had to make a trip to a place that had the worst thing imagineable: a parking ramp.

Silver 2005 Insight 5 spd no AC "Serenity" lmpg 67.3 two weeks old

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Good job! I found it pretty easy to get into the 70-80 range, and possible to get into the 90 range, but so far have not had a segment over 97.

My personal rule is that it has to be a round trip segment over 50 miles...there are places around here where I could coast for miles on a one way segment.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
80.8 is fantastic in the rain! Keep us posted how you doon dry pavement. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. The two halves of my commute are like night and day. AM I run into a reasonably smooth commute. Hills are gentle and go in both directions and occasionally there's a slowdown or dead stop.

PM commute is a different story. It's a different route and it's all stop and go. I've got a passenger going home.

I do love coming to work with the patented Insight Grin after a morning commute of extraordinary mileage. Someone at work just bought a Hummer and I love the thought of being able to go ten miles on the gas it takes them to start the ignition.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Even though it isn't very long, I find myself looking forward to the drive to and from work since I got my Insight, whereas before it was a chore. I'm still amazed how comfortable and fun this little car is to drive, as I'm a fairly big guy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At least three people have commented to me how much more comfortable it is to ride in the Insight than it was to ride in the CRX I had.

So far my lifetime mileage is up to 67 mpg and I'm on my third tank of gas. Right away after I took delivery, I went on a road trip. With half a tank, I went off on vacation without filling up first. I'd NEVER do that in any other car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts