Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to look to see when an IMA battery pack was manufactured? I decided to play with the battery that came out of my car and has been sitting for 7 months, built a grid charger for it only to find that the 100amp fuse was blown. Replaced it, put it in the car and to my suprise its functioning just as it should. I have all the documents on the car from 4000 miles to 172000 miles, and can see that the service records indicating IMA problems and the parts replaced, once in 2003, and again in 2005, but there is the possibility that it was replaced later too.

Any info is appreciated.

·
7,200 Posts
There is a sticker on the front with a serial number that contains the original year of manufacture.

It doesn't mean anything if Honda has replaced the battery though; they don't replace the sticker when they rebuild a pack.

·
Super Moderator
8,684 Posts
What can we learn from the bar code on the sticks. Were they "one up" over time? Or were the sticks mostly manufactured on similar dates?

·
7,200 Posts
I have no idea.. I do know the sticks are sequentially numbered, but I don't know what the rest of the barcode means.

It sure would be interesting to decipher it. Wouldn't even know where to start. I guess you'd need to start with a database of them, and some basic information about the packs they're coming from.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a sticker on the front with a serial number that contains the original year of manufacture.

It doesn't mean anything if Honda has replaced the battery though; they don't replace the sticker when they rebuild a pack.
How do you decode the battery serial number on Gen 1 Insight?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Look at the 5th digit. In 1997 it started with A, then went up sequentially by year. P here is 2012.

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
^ Is this supposed to be the same as the stickers on the sticks? Cuz my 'stick sticker code' is one year/letter off from this one... I have D=1999, L=2007. Which means I=2004. And "A" would have been 1996. I could have gotten mixed-up somewhere along the line...

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Don't know anything about sticks. Could have been made before the pack was assembled, hence the one year discrepancy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts