Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my insight was in the shop for its new transmission they gave me an Insight rental.

It drove the same as mine did (besides the transmission) same gas mileage...ect.

The one thing that caught my eye was the charge of the battery, it was constantly full or near full charge. :shock:

My Insight the charge gose up and down, and gose down and is compeletly drained sometimes. It force charges, even uphill.

I want to know if something is wrong with the IMA or if that is normal and the rental I had was wrong.

I would like to know what happens with all of your batterys and charge and see if I should have it looked at.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi NOc - what year is your Insight? How many miles? 5 speed or CVT? What year was the the rental Insight? How many miles? 5 speed or CVT? All Insights are not exactly the same. Honda made some changes between model years.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
NOc,

you have more miles on your battery, so it might just be worn more. What was wrong with your transmission? Maybe that had something to do with stressing your battery more? Is it any different after the repair?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About the transmission, the RPM would go from 2,500 to 4,500 RPM in seconds and flux back and forth for a good 10 to 15 seconds

After getting the new transmission, it seems to be very stiff while it is shifting and slow accelleration, plus I have just lost 10 to 15 MPG.

The battery still dose that same thing as it did before....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Frequent 'recals'

My 'old' pack would do an almost daily 'recal' but would tend to stay at the full range. It wouldn't do much as far as the assist mode, especially in 5th. The 'new' pack,the entire IMA system from an '04 car, has way more 'pep' than the old, and will drop down to about 1/2 on some days, but will perk right back to full by the trip back home. Also seems to have picked up an extra 5 MPG. So far so good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts