Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new owner of a 2001 5spd/w AC and have some questions regarding the battery charge. When I bought my car a few days ago it had about 7/8 of the battery charged and seemed to stay at that point the first couple days. Yesterday I did quite a bit of start/go driving and noticed that the battery since then has stayed between 1/3 and 1/2 charge. I have no idea if this is normal. I would expect to see it go back to full charge. I drive about 8 miles back and forth to work at an average speed of 50mph with only a couple stops. Help?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The funny thing is that this started after I changed the tire pressure from 35 all around to 45 lbs all around. I'm not saying this is causing the lack of charge, just strange. I've driven it quite a bit and it won't seem to go above half charge. I will turn the lights on and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help.

As a side, I don't know what the recall issues were for a 2001 but I'm taking it to the dealer on Thursday to have them research... I will most likely have them research the charging issue at that time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.