Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i can stop talking like a caveman now. But that's it. The date on the battery is 10/12. So that's probably too old right? Is there anything else I should check?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh sorry. I know nothing about the big one. The 12v. And my charger works. I tested it on another battery.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
If this the starter battery, just take it to a auto parts store. They can test and advise. Maybe prorated warranty if you go to the store it was purchased from.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check with Wal-Mart but I think it's dead and beyond warranty. But no other car. Anyone deliver? I'll check in the morning unless anyone knows. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,168 Posts
Fort Meyers - gotta be an auto store within a half mile. Hoof it like I had to do when I was a child, and through the 16 inch Mississippi snows. Joking:D

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
You should be able to jump charge it from another car and drive to a store that sells a new battery.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
This is why people should consider an AAA or some auto club. I pay 100 bucks a year and they will jump me, open my door or tow me 100 miles to where I want for any reason.

They also sell batteries, will install them on site during a service call and even help you get a reduced price chipped key.

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
I recall reading info by Willie about a double male ended cable that plugs into the 12v in cabin receptacle to act as a jumper from one car to another. Sold at Walmart and such.

Provides sufficient voltage for IMA contactors to activate and allow IMA to start the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts