Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their BCM go out? I had a situation where the car would not come out of autostop and stalled. I turned the ignition off and then restarted the car. The IMA and Engine light both came on. I drove the car home with the engine only. The assist and charge lights did not work. My charge was under 50% and then suddenly went to full charge after restarting the engine. Honda looked the car over and is ordering the BCM part. The car is 2002 CVT with only 9,000 miles on it :cry:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I have not heard of anyone having a BCM go out, though as with any part it's certainly possible. Glad to hear they got it diagnosed and fixed quickly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
A similar symptom happened to my 2002 Insight last October. It used the aux starter, but assist seemed to work, even though the IMA light stayed on. They eventually replaced the BCM and it's been fine since.

Took them about three weeks to get the part, but otherwise I was happy with how the service was done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.