Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Our insight 2011 just got dead battery and now is locked.
We can not open the car with the key from outsode so we are unable to open the boner.
Any idea how to solve this issue?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi there,
Our insight 2011 just got dead battery and now is locked.
We can not open the car with the key from outsode so we are unable to open the boner.
Any idea how to solve this issue?
Car with metal blade key or keyless-box?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Previously she couldn't start the car and might have try too much. She went to work and came back and tried several time to open it with the key but it didn't work.
She just tried again after few hours without touching the car and first try it opened.
She is looking at to the battery now

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
The car should unlock manually if you put the key in even with a dead battery.
The remote unlock won't work of course :)

As the car normally starts from the IMA battery you won't notice that the 12V battery is getting worse until it is too late.
Best to monitor the 12V battery voltage on a regular base, like with a cigarette plug volt meter or an OBDII plug tool like the UltraGauge, set to display battery voltage on one of the gauges. I did that.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Our dealer load tests the battery at every service. Even just a simple oil change. They are always looking for something to suggest paying more for. In our case the battery failed within the warranty period so replacement was either free or prorated. (I'd have to go dig through the invoices) that said, better replacements are available, probably cheaper, elsewhere. I like to use battery specific shops, they will also load test and almost never charge for installation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts