Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Usually if the 12V voltage drops you get several system errors, not just the IMA one.
If you live in a hot climate (you might add your general location to your profile) the IMA battery is likely to suffer more as batteries do not like excessive heat.

If the auxiliary fuse blows the IMA system throws an unclearable error and you get the battery symbol just like you have, but also the car won't lock and unlock remotely. If it does not respond to the key fob it is that fuse.

In all cases get a voltage readout for the 12V battery, even if it is just one of those digital volt meters you can plug in the cigarette lighter socket. If you ever see the voltage drop below 11 Volt you know enough.

Anyway, best of luck! I hope it all turns out fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
They scanned the codes P1634 and P1448 indicating ima charging failures. Codes will not clear so diagnosis directs code U1204(55). This is what Honda printed out.

·
Administrator
10,719 Posts
Perhaps one with the G2 fault code list can look those up and post full details please. Then we can advise the OP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fixed it thanks to you guys! I googled the codes and it sent me to a discussion here about the #53 fuse. Checked the fuse and it was bad. Replaced it and the ima charging light went off immediately. Yay! Hopefully the 12v will stay charged now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Usually if the 12V voltage drops you get several system errors, not just the IMA one.
If you live in a hot climate (you might add your general location to your profile) the IMA battery is likely to suffer more as batteries do not like excessive heat.

If the auxiliary fuse blows the IMA system throws an unclearable error and you get the battery symbol just like you have, but also the car won't lock and unlock remotely. If it does not respond to the key fob it is that fuse.

In all cases get a voltage readout for the 12V battery, even if it is just one of those digital volt meters you can plug in the cigarette lighter socket. If you ever see the voltage drop below 11 Volt you know enough.

Anyway, best of luck! I hope it all turns out fine.
Thank you for help! Replaced #53 fuse the ima light went off immediately.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Fixed it thanks to you guys! I googled the codes and it sent me to a discussion here about the #53 fuse. Checked the fuse and it was bad. Replaced it and the ima charging light went off immediately. Yay! Hopefully the 12v will stay charged now.
Happy days

21 - 26 of 26 Posts