Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 with 116,000 miles. Code p1448 Dealer said code was for a IPU module - fan problem. What I found is that it is for the battery over heating I have never heard the fan running before now I hear it coming on only when the IMA light comes on. . Does the battery cooling fan run all the time or just when it reaches a certain temp. It is a little worrying if the battery is overheating. But I guess it makes sense that if the fan is'nt working correctly, and should run all the time, the battery might over heat. The IMA light goes out when I turn the car off then back on, so the dealer can't check it when the IMA lights on , only the check engine light stays on. Does anyone have any more info. I would really appreciate it. The dealer did not seem to be familiar with the code or problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
2010 with 116,000 miles. Code p1448 Dealer said code was for a IPU module - fan problem. What I found is that it is for the battery over heating I have never heard the fan running before now I hear it coming on only when the IMA light comes on. . Does the battery cooling fan run all the time or just when it reaches a certain temp. It is a little worrying if the battery is overheating. But I guess it makes sense that if the fan is'nt working correctly, and should run all the time, the battery might over heat. The IMA light goes out when I turn the car off then back on, so the dealer can't check it when the IMA lights on , only the check engine light stays on. Does anyone have any more info. I would really appreciate it. The dealer did not seem to be familiar with the code or problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts