Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have started the process on my recondition of my cells. I am trying to find out when I have it on the charger i have discharger/charged the battery pack and it was not on very long initial reading was about 6 volts after charge it is reading 8.3 volts and I am not sure what the lower right number is on the charger is that the miliamps? If so what should the milliamps be for an entire 6 battery cell pack?

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Your description isn't very clear. But, sounds like you're using a hobby-type charger to work with individual 'sticks' from the pack, right? Your stick started out at 6V and now it's at 8.3V?

I can't say for sure what 'the little number' in the right corner is, but could be total amp-hours (or mAh) charged - or discharged if you were discharging. It could be the charge rate. The sticks are nominally 6500mAh. If it was near totally discharged when starting, which 6V more or less suggests, it should take an input of no less than 6500mAh to charge to full, probably more like 7300... Kind of depends on the charge state and condition of individual cells and what charge rate and termination method you're using... The peak voltage when full or nearing full should probably be around, well, 9.18V at a 1C charge rate (6.5A) and maybe around 8.94V at say 650mA...

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Hey Chief,

From one Okie to another, please try to be more coherent. I grew up in OK, and contrary to popular belief, run-on sentences and punctuation were taught in school. :)

Since I can only guess what you're trying to ask, and you didn't even tell us what equipment you're using, I'm going to answer the question you should have asked:

How best to recondition my battery with minimum effort and maximum reward?

The answer is 1) put your pack back together, 2) install it in the car, 3) get a grid charger/discharger and follow the directions.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts