Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Hybrid1, It could be awhile. The only people who will be contacting Hybrid-Battery-Repair for the 2010 or later Insight are those who are out of warranty, which for now are only going to be salvage vehicles and those who put on a tremendous amount of miles on their car in order to go beyond the warranty mileage limit. Long distance highway drivers generally have the advantage of not parking their car for long periods of time or using loads of assist and regen as they typically travel long distances without assist or regen at constant speeds if they aren't traveling up and down steep hills. At this point the only battery failures not covered by warranty coming soon would be salvage vehicles that were sitting damaged and therefore parked for a long time without any use of the pack.

I'd have to say, I am curious of the steps to pull the battery for these newer cars too :D

Hybrid-Battery-Repair, Of course I've got to thank you for posting this. :)

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hybrid1, It could be awhile. The only people who will be contacting Hybrid-Battery-Repair for the 2010 or later Insight are those who are out of warranty, which for now are only going to be salvage vehicles and those who put on a tremendous amount of miles on their car in order to go beyond the warranty mileage limit.
We'll see. I have fixed several 2006 Civic Hybrids, and I have a 2008 battery coming in this week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts