Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all of your help thus far guys...
One of my biggest questions that I haven't been able to learn about is concerning the battery. I'm looking at a car that appears to be mint with 83k. It has an extended warranty.

When do I need to think about replacing the battery? How much should I expect to spend? Does the extended warranty cover this kind of stuff? Any other things/problems I should look for unusual from a typical car?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i got an extended warranty on my certified car and i am covered till 100,000.
i drive a lot so i will probably use it all up in one year (currently have 58k on it) but i did it more for the small electric stuff, like i just got the O2 sensor replaced = $420
power window regulator= $490

depends on how much you drive, if you average 15k a year then you still have a good one year warranty on the car. be careful, warranties come in different shapes and forms, make sure it is bumper to bumper.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm planning to drive a whole lot, both city and highway. Good to hear that your repairs have been minimal!!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Make sure you read the fine print on the extended warranty. I know some, if not all have some sort of transfer fee associated with them to get it transfered to you.

·
Registered
489 Posts
We don't really have enough instances of Insights needing batteries replaced to draw accurate generalizations. Battery replacement seems to be the exception rather than the rule so far.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Look at the 100K + thread and you will get an idea of types of problems owners have experienced in the 1st 100k miles. Have fun, Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts