Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last month, I have started hearing an intermittent beeping noise in the steering area? When it happens, it seems to be getting more frequent, and then just quits all of a sudden. It will beep when stopped and the steering wheel isn't straight (I think that's the reason). I will also beep when turning the steering wheel in motion. It has also beeped while going over rough bumps in the road.

Anyone know what is wrong? Is it something I should not be driving with? How much will it cost to fix?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11 Posts
In the last month, I have started hearing an intermittent beeping noise in the steering area? When it happens, it seems to be getting more frequent, and then just quits all of a sudden. It will beep when stopped and the steering wheel isn't straight (I think that's the reason). I will also beep when turning the steering wheel in motion. It has also beeped while going over rough bumps in the road.

Anyone know what is wrong? Is it something I should not be driving with? How much will it cost to fix?

Thanks in advance!
Same thing started happening in my 01 manual Insight: occasionally 10 or so beeps from the steering column while driving - nothing seems to indicate anything is wrong at the time

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Believe it or not....My guess is a loose connection to ground of the door switch that turns on the interior lights when you open the door (or your door is not shut all the way sometimes). If the engine is running and the door is opened, you will hear beeping or if the lights are on and the door is opened (I think). It also beeps if you try to get out of the car while in AutoStop (just open the door) but all of these different beep scenarios that I mentioned have one thing in common...The door being opened or in this case, the car "thinking" the door has been opened.

JoeCVT = Just your average CVT owner

·
Registered
11 Posts
beeping

I don't think it's the door: the beeps sound completely different, a much higher frequency than the 'lights on' chime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts