Honda Insight Forum banner

beeping in steering?

1626 4
In the last month, I have started hearing an intermittent beeping noise in the steering area? When it happens, it seems to be getting more frequent, and then just quits all of a sudden. It will beep when stopped and the steering wheel isn't straight (I think that's the reason). I will also beep when turning the steering wheel in motion. It has also beeped while going over rough bumps in the road.

Anyone know what is wrong? Is it something I should not be driving with? How much will it cost to fix?

Thanks in advance!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
In the last month, I have started hearing an intermittent beeping noise in the steering area? When it happens, it seems to be getting more frequent, and then just quits all of a sudden. It will beep when stopped and the steering wheel isn't straight (I think that's the reason). I will also beep when turning the steering wheel in motion. It has also beeped while going over rough bumps in the road.

Anyone know what is wrong? Is it something I should not be driving with? How much will it cost to fix?

Thanks in advance!
Same thing started happening in my 01 manual Insight: occasionally 10 or so beeps from the steering column while driving - nothing seems to indicate anything is wrong at the time

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.