Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Insight with only 2500 mi. Just last week it started a short little chiming tune, intermittent not related to driving or not driving, after I turn off the engine it sometimes chimes. Then a few days ago still continuing with the short chiming tune it also started a longer slower somewhat different pitches tune. For one day it was doing both. For fear of doing some damage I stopped driving it. No lights came on, I have seen no reference to this chiming except in the manual it says it indicated a door is open. No doors were open. Anyone with a similar experience I would love to hear about. I have an appt. to take it to a dealer tomorrow, but I would love to walk in with more information than I have now. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hi Janet and welcome to the forums :!: :)

Go out to your car and without putting the key in the ignition turn on the headlights.

There are several different beeps / chimes related to auto stop, door open, seat belt not buckled and lights on. Non are warnings related to an engine or IMA malfunction.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the suggestion from John in Knoxville. I turned on the headlights without starting the car, and it didn't beep at least for those few minutes, so I started it up and drove up the hill and back, it continues to do both syles of chiming whether the lights are on or off. Further suggestions? I'm glad to hear this doesn't indicate a serious problem. :?

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Sounds like a warning circuit malfunction of some type then. :? It would help your service department if you can make the correct association of the abnormal chime with its function. (as I outlined above)

But as long as its still malfunctioning when you arrive for your appointment they shouldn't have any trouble diagnosing it. :)

Please post a follow-up here (in this thread) when your problem is solved.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:roll: Well, this is an update on the beeping chiming noise in my Honda Insight. I took it to the dealer this morning, got it there at 7:40. I retrieved the car at 1:00. The sounds were being made by a pager that belonged to a friend and had fallen between the passenger seat and the door. Oh my goodness. No wonder there were no references to this kind of noise. ;)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
(21st Century citizen)

...uhh... what's a pager? :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Janet, we like to think we are a welcoming bunch of Insighters on this forum and we would very much like you to contribute to the forum in future. However this escapade is going to be a difficult for you to shake off! Best wishes to you.

If you need any further support please feel free to page me! ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
ok

that just plain rocks

·
Registered
79 Posts
beep

This is hilarious and also shows just how much Insight owners try to help each other!! I enjoyed reading all the speculations and discussion that lead up to the solution. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts