Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The bottom panel of bumper, where our turn signal lights are located... there's a blank clear plexiglass slot that does absolutely :-| nothing. Has anyone tried to put some LEDs in there? Or any other type of light?

Haven't done much looking under there, so don't know if it's even easy to access. Must have some access cause there's a blinking light that might burn out at some point and Honda usually doesn't make it too tough to get at, right?

That Euro fog would be nice to install as well, but not in our U.S. Honda parts bag :mad:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Euro 2012 Insights have LED DRL's there in the EX spec at least.

I got one of the last Insights here that don't have them :(
The 2011 Insight has just a plastic ridge on a plate that you can simply pull off. It hooks in at the edge so you'd pull it on the side where the fog light could be.
Maybe it works that way on the 2012 too.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup... that looks so good. Would have to show me that! I really dislike missing lights.

You guys across the big pond get it all, 16 inch wheels, fog lights, leather, LEDs. Who do you all know at Honda??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Yup... that looks so good. Would have to show me that! I really dislike missing lights.

You guys across the big pond get it all, 16 inch wheels, fog lights, leather, LEDs. Who do you all know at Honda??:rolleyes:
The cashier, I suppose. We pay a big premium.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I could have bought a 2013 Base model new late in 2012, but it would have cost me over 20 grand euro. The euro was hovering around $1.40 at the time.
So that's almost 30 grand for a base model.

The Elegance (EX) was about 25k€ so about 35k$. Some of that was tax, but still. No luxury tax (it is a hybrid) but the sales tax is 21%.
No wonder most cars sold here are subcompact.
But even without the 21% we pay more than you do. Yes we get better finish and a LED or two extra (in the 2012+ models).

Would you buy LED DRLs for a few grand? :-|

(I bought mine second hand with just 1500 miles on it for almost 10 euro grand less than original adviced sale. that is about half a zillion dollars less... :cool:)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I realize that cars in the Euro market are more expensive than here, but Honda could just list these items as options/accessories and let us decide if we want to pay the extra money for them.

At least it would be nice to have the choice.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I guess if you are surrounded by BMW, Audi, VW, Porsche, etc you get tired of those same old vehicles over and over again so a Honda or Toyota is a nice break. Kind of the opposite here, seeing a 90s Camry or any generation Honda Civic gets old fast.

Yes, car accessories make money and they should be open to everyone, not just certain markets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts