Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of our bretheren (a Prius driver) was ahead of me today on the turnpike. Her Bumper sticker read

'Donate to your favorite Saudi Charity'
'Drive an SUV'

I thought that was pretty darn funny. wish I knew where to get one.....

-Jon

·
Registered
130 Posts
I saw a sticker on an Insight in Kansas City the other day that read:

I'm not worried about gas prices,
Ask me why...

I thought it was actually a bit silly, but I suppose there are still some people that don't know anything about hybrids.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You'd be surprised how many people don't know about hybrids. I get that daily, they see a funny looking little car so they automaticaly think it gets good mileage. When I tell them I'm getting around 73mpg they automatically think I got the numbers switched around around and say back to me, "That's pretty good, 37mpg". They just don't believe it when I tell them I said 73. A quick flash of the FCD and then it's into the "No, I really don't have to plug it in" talk. Also they don't believe it's a 5 year old car either. Most think it's a model that just came out. :roll:

Back on topic I normally put a different saying on my car every two or 3 weeks. I wish there was a Hybrid bumper stickers database. jnewell, if you really want one of those stickers bad I can help you out too. That makeasticker site is pretty neat.

·
Registered
77 Posts
yeah its got a Hemi

Has to be one of the funniest I have seen on a prius. I want one for mine :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
here's one

you care about america....but you pollute it with your GIANT VEHICLE!

·
Registered
214 Posts
jnewell said:
One of our bretheren (a Prius driver) was ahead of me today on the turnpike. Her Bumper sticker read

'Donate to your favorite Saudi Charity'
'Drive an SUV'

I thought that was pretty darn funny. wish I knew where to get one.....

-Jon
Unfortunatly he is not entirly correct because it should read "Support your favorite neighbour (Canada and mexico), Drive an SUV" since we Canadians are your #1 oil import and Mexico is your #2

Heck, he would be more accuract if he said "Outsource American Jobs, buy built in japen"

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/...ons/company_level_imports/current/import.html

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Oil is a global comodity like gold. If the price goes up for one it goes up for all. It matters not where your personal oil originates. The bulk of the worlds supply is still in the middle east. American troups aren't fighting and dying on Canadian or Mexican soil.

If conservation and technical inovation had been made a long term national priority in the 70's, by raising fuel prices and using the income to support meaningful research, America could be energy self sufficient today. It is late in the game, but unless the issue is addressed, the future will be lean and mean.

The power to change the world lies partly in the hands of the rich and partly in the hands of the masses. Ultimately large numbers of people making the right choices will change the world.

Any bumper sticker that makes the people think critically about the present situation is beneficial. If it does this in a humorous way, even better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.