Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the san diego/orange country area. I'm looking to buy an insight as soon as I can locate one- (ppl are giving me the runaround from hell).

I figure which dealership should I go to for insight repair and maintenance in the san diego/Orange County area? any recommendations? Who do I need to avoid?

Is it true that the insight uses special oil and that oil changes need to be done at the dealership?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've had good luck with Hardin Honda in Anaheim.

The Insight uses special oil in that it's very thin (0w20) but you can buy it yourself and do your own oil changes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys! any other places that will hopefully treat my future insight well?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dealership

Pacific Honda in Kearney Mesa just finished my 60K maintenance check. They've one a Seemed okay to me though after reading some of the other misfortunes here, I'll be ordering the Fumoto or Fram oil drain plug soonest though so I won't have to worry and can actually take care of most routine maintenance myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've seen 0W20 on shelves in standard autoparts stores for years now not a big deal to get your hands on some.

So far I've just taken my car to the dealer for oil changes as they only charge me 22$ for an oil change and a car wash and that's about the same cost as it is for me to do one myself.

Stay away from those evil chain quick oil change places or wall mart I've had horrible experiences at several of these places when they got me to visit by offering sale prices. On one of my previous cars I've had oil plugs stripped, overfilled with oil, underfilled, cross threaded oil filter installation... all sorts of awful things.

Never really had any problems going to the dealer though they usually know the cars pretty well and how to treat them properly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts