Honda Insight Forum banner

Best limited slip differential for HCH transmission?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Gasoline Fumes 
#1 ·
I'll be putting in an HCH transmission with some fit gears basically normal HCH 1st and second and fifth and a little more optimal 3rd and 4th power band wise and it will have the standard HCH final drive so 12% lower than factory. I'm currently able to lay about 100 feet of rubber on one side with my current hack if I really try and have the handbrake on. The finished car will end up having a 12% lower 1st and roughly 10 more hp right off the line because of the lithium upgrade (I'm currently running a bumblebee and it droops to about 140 volts on full throttle and runs about 115 or so amps with the current hack and c&c, I'm thinking lithium with the voltage being about 50 higher and the current being higher due to voltage spoofing I'll have at least 10 more horsepower than I currently do and 12% more bite from the transmission at it so I think I'll be spinning my tires.

Basically I'm asking what's a good all around limited slip that's compatible with the HCH (07-08 Fit is the same part) that will help me launch better but not make me push wide in canyons. I don't know a whole lot about limited slips and I know we're pretty limited on options. I'm thinking I'll get to 60 quicker if I am able to launch faster but I'm not sure if the potential downsides are worth it so I'm hoping to hear from people that have limited slips in front wheel drive cars.

Thanks

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.