Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I've been reading for over 6 months now on here, and researching the insight for the past 2 years. I finally got one!

My first issue is that I have a blown left front shock/strut and am trying to find somewhere that carries one for this little car?

I have searched ALOT on here, and can't seem to find the answer I am looking for.
I have found that I can get a shock from a dealership, but was hoping to not have to go that route.

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you tired your local auto parts store? They typically can order just about anything. I haven't had to replace a strut on the Insight yet, but I'd imagine it would be decently cheap at advanced auto or some place like that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you order from a dealership online, such as hondapartsdeals.com, you generally get wholesale pricing, or close.

They list the part at $86 vs $116 retail, $30 savings.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses guys.
Just to note, I did try all the local places and they told me that couldn't get the shocks for that car (AutoZone, O'Reilies, Napa, Etc).

I did see them at those online dealerships but had hoped I could get one cheaper than that. Guess I will be biting the bullet soon.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts