Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading and re-reading everything I can find online and here about Bumblebee, Hybrid ReVolt, etc, etc, I would appreciate some frank opinions about which of these is the best value. I am leaning towards Bumblebee because of their included 3-year warranty.

·
Administrator
12,976 Posts
It's not all about 'value' which is a bit of a red herring anyway.

If it was me I would opt for BB, mainly because he (Eli) is active on here, and works hard with the cars to actively learn more about them.

Active research should be encouraged for all our sakes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also, does anybody know of a place where I can purchase a single replacement stick? From a search on eBay, I can only find (for ~$45) 1 place selling them, and they are NOT tested.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
A used stick? How will you be able to match it to the rest of you stick? I and others have hundreds of sticks. But it's not worth the time to test them for you.

What's your end goal here? To have a battery that works 100%? Then just by a replacement battery pack. They all come with new cells if you chose a reputable supplier, especially those that advertise on this site.

I you want to mess around d with used sticks and have the equipment to test and quantify and qualify sticks, I could sell you some.

Feel free to call of you truly are ready for some frank discussion about your pack.

Yo you want the truth? You can't handle the truth. :) (that's a joke, by the way.)

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
....I would appreciate some frank opinions about which of these is the best value. I am leaning towards Bumblebee because of their included 3-year warranty.
I think there's some (perhaps minor) issues with the aftermarket packs that need to be resolved. And as far as I know, Eli at Bumblebee is likely the only person who will ever do that. So, if you buy from Bumblebee you'd likely be in the best position to reap the benefits of any Bumblebee research... Plus, I've seen nothing but good words from Bumblebee's customers who post here, plus I've seen nothing but good responses from Bumblebee when there's been a couple people reporting problems here... Plus, if you tell them 'eq1 sent me', maybe one of these days they'll give me a deal...

·
Registered
652 Posts
I would give Eli an endorsement as well. He has invested a lot of time and energy into supporting the Insight. His business depends on service to hybrid owners and I think he will continue to be there to support the car for the long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts